Learning. Living. Loving.
In the Fellowship Sunday School Class, we combine traditional guided Bible study with an exploration of contemporary issues confronting Christians today and our Christian heritage. Our formula for learning is class dialog, and we value studies that encourage open discussion. Our goal is … (Read More)
The Fellowship Sunday School class will begin an four week Advent Study using Andy Stanley’s book, Who Needs Christmas on Nov. 28th. We meet in McCormick Hall on Sundays from 9-10 AM. Books can be purchased during that time each week for $9.
We invite everyone to join us as we rediscover the improbable story of Christmas. Four thousand years ago, God promised he would do something through the bloodline of Abraham. Two thousand years later, Jesus was born. And two thousand years after that, we’re still talking about it. Why? Join Andy Stanley as he unpacks why the improbability of the Christmas story is what makes it so believable. No one could have or would have made it up.
For additional information contact Jean James at [email protected] or 706 268 1480.
THE FELLOWSHIP SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS
Learning. Living. Loving.
In the Fellowship Sunday School Class, we combine traditional guided Bible study with exploration of contemporary issues confronting Christians today and our Christian heritage. Our formula for learning is class dialog, and we value studies that encourage open discussion. Our goal is to deepen our relationship with Jesus Christ and with each other.
- The class does not have a permanent teacher. Instead, a class volunteer prepares and leads each discussion. Studies are selected by our own curriculum committee. Class members use either a published student lesson book or printed material distributed in advance. A small amount of homework prepares us for participation and class discussion. Bring your Bible to class!
- The Fellowship experience is that we learn from each other, with leaders facilitating discussion using lesson material. A relaxed class atmosphere invites us to join in the conversation.
- The class strives to live up to its name. We gather for coffee and fellowship for a few minutes before each class. We also devote a portion of each gathering to prayer in support of the needs of class members, our families, friends and our Chapel.
- You’ve heard the saying, “The best way to learn something is to teach it.” Class members who volunteer as discussion leaders agree that not only is there ample material available to develop each lesson, but the class typically gains enough momentum that time management, not material, is the biggest challenge. Many of our studies come with helpful leader guides. If you would like to consider being a discussion leader, please see the class moderator.
- We meet at 8:45 a.m. every Sunday morning in McCormick Hall for coffee and fellowship. Class ends promptly by 10:00 a.m. in time for Chapel Stand-Around.
We invite all to come grow with us!