All are welcome!
The Sunday morning Fellowship Sunday class balances traditional guided Bible Study with exploration of contemporary issues confronting Christians today and our Christian heritage. Class dialog is our formula for learning, and we value studies that encourage open communications. Our goal is the enrichment of our relationship with Jesus Christ and with each other. (READ MORE)
Who We Are
In the Fellowship Sunday School class, we balance traditional guided Bible study with exploration of contemporary issues confronting Christians today and our Christian heritage. Class dialog is our formula for learning, and we value studies that encourage open discussion. Our goal is the enrichment of our relationship with Jesus Christ and with each other.
- The class does not have a permanent teacher. Instead, a class volunteer prepares and leads each discussion. Weekly classes work through studies selected by our own curriculum committee. Members receive either a published student lesson book or printed material distributed in advance. Studies include a little homework that prepares us for participation and class discussion. Bring your Bible to class!
- The Fellowship experience is that we learn from each other through dialog. Leaders facilitate class discussion using lesson material. All members can feel relaxed about being a part of the conversation and are encouraged to join in.
- The class strives to live up to its name. We gather for coffee and fellowship for a few minutes before class. We also devote a portion of each gathering to prayer in support of our own needs, our families and friends, and our Chapel.
- You’ve heard the saying, “The best way to learn something is to teach it.” Class members who volunteer as discussion leaders agree that not only is there ample material available to develop each lesson, but our classes typically gain enough momentum so that time management, not material, is the biggest challenge. Many of our studies come with helpful leader guides. If you would like to consider being a discussion leader, please see the class moderator.
- We meet at 8:45 a.m. every Sunday morning in McCormick Hall for coffee and fellowship. Class ends promptly by 10:00 a.m. so members can join Chapel Stand-Around.
- Our membership is open to every interested Chapel member.