Sunday mornings at 9:00
The Sunday morning Fellowship Sunday School class balances traditional guided Bible Study with exploration of contemporary issues confronting Christians today and our Christian heritage. Class dialog is our formula for learning, and we value studies that encourage open communications. Our goal is the enrichment of our relationship with Jesus Christ and with each other. (READ MORE)
THE FELLOWSHIP SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS
Learning. Living. Loving.
In the Fellowship Sunday School Class, we combine traditional guided Bible study with exploration of contemporary issues confronting Christians today and our Christian heritage. Our formula for learning is class dialog, and we value studies that encourage open discussion. Our goal is to deepen our relationship with Jesus Christ and with each other.
- The class does not have a permanent teacher. Instead, a class volunteer prepares and leads each discussion. Studies are selected by our own curriculum committee. Class members use either a published student lesson book or printed material distributed in advance. A small amount of homework prepares us for participation and class discussion. Bring your Bible to class!
- The Fellowship experience is that we learn from each other, with leaders facilitating discussion using lesson material. A relaxed class atmosphere invites us to join in the conversation.
- The class strives to live up to its name. We gather for coffee and fellowship for a few minutes before each class. We also devote a portion of each gathering to prayer in support of the needs of class members, our families, friends and our Chapel.
- You’ve heard the saying, “The best way to learn something is to teach it.” Class members who volunteer as discussion leaders agree that not only is there ample material available to develop each lesson, but the class typically gains enough momentum that time management, not material, is the biggest challenge. Many of our studies come with helpful leader guides. If you would like to consider being a discussion leader, please see the class moderator.
- We meet at 8:45 a.m. every Sunday morning in McCormick Hall for coffee and fellowship. Class ends promptly by 10:00 a.m. in time for Chapel Stand-Around.
We invite all to come grow with us!